Culture, no doubt, plays a very significant role in the cause and reasoning of mental ill health. Transcultural mental health issues are concerned with the cultural context of mental disorders and the challenges of addressing ethnic diversity in psychiatric services. Different cultures respond to mental health in different ways. Minority groups often experience racism and discrimination which causes stress and anxiety. This results in very poor mental condition sometimes even affecting the physical health. There arises the risk of depression. All these can lead to dangerous issues sometimes causing accidental death (due to risk taking) or suicide too.
Statistics vary largely in transcultural mental health issues. It totally depends upon the culture of a particular society and its acceptance.
Work with Poppy:
We recognise that each individual’s situation is different, which is why we ensure that everyone has a unique consulting plan tailored to their needs. The work can involve:
- Identifying what has been and is going on in your environment that may be contributing to the issues you’re facing.
- Discussing the cycle of thoughts, emotions and behaviours.
- Identifying inner conflicts that sabotage progression and wellness.
- Learning about emotional suppression and the psychology of emotion.
- Developing open, authentic relating so that any disturbing behaviour is no longer needed as a strategy for coping.
- Discovering and then mastering the methods for building and maintaining a healthy, happy, progressive and successful future.