DISSOCIATIVE IDENTITY DISORDER
Dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorder (MPD), is a mental disorder on the dissociative spectrum characterized by the appearance of at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately show in a person’s behaviour, accompanied by memory impairment for important information not explained by ordinary forgetfulness. DID has been attributed to disruptions in memory caused by trauma and other forms of stress. DID symptoms range from common lapses in attention becoming distracted by something else and daydreaming, to pathological dissociative disorders.
DID is one of the most controversial psychiatric disorders, with no clear consensus on diagnostic criteria or treatment. The prevalence is between 1 and 3% in the general population, and between 1 and 5% in inpatient groups in Europe and North America. We have all the updated methodology for treating cases of DID with researches by clinical approaches and case studies.
Work with Poppy:
We recognise that each individual’s situation is different, which is why we ensure that everyone has a unique consulting plan tailored to their needs. The work can involve:
- Identifying what has been and is going on in your environment that may be contributing to the issues you’re facing.
- Identifying the trend of episodes and where these began.
- Exploration of issues relating to development.
- Assessing how this behaviour serves you on a deeper level i.e. all behaviours ultimately have a benefit or we wouldn’t use them.
- Understanding the costs and consequences of behaviour, the effect on relationships and potential opportunities lost.
- Discussing the cycle of thoughts, emotions and behaviours.
- Identifying inner conflicts that sabotage progression and wellness.
- Learning about emotional suppression and the psychology of emotion.
- Developing open, authentic relating so that any disturbing behaviour is no longer needed as a strategy for coping.
- Discovering and then mastering the methods for building and maintaining a healthy, happy, progressive and successful future.